Almost all of the world is now stuck inside their houses and social media is a big big platform where almost everyone spends a LOT of time.
Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter etc etc.
While Twitter has a few restrictions, but id like to wager this that every successful company out there, has a Twitter Account. On an average every company has multiple Twitter Accounts – One for Business Promotions, One for interacting and help resolve Customer issues and another for building the numbers or gaining numbers for the community.
Popular Statistics for you know about Twitter
- There are over 1.5 Billion accounts created on Twitter.
- There are over 350 million tweets sent per day
- There are over 140 million active users on Twitter, daily.
- An average tweeter spends around 4 minutes on the platform per session
- Twitter’s Monetizable Daily Active Users (mDAU) worldwide was 152 million in Q4 2019, versus 126 million in Q4, 2018, up 21% primarily driven by product improvements
While you might think 4 minutes on the platform is not a lot, or almost meh in front of the numbers people spend on Facebook and Instagram , it is definitely plenty of time to be one of the new things that your target audience member discovers during their daily Twitter check.
Let’s dive into the Demographics of Twitter.
- The male to female ratio for US Twitter is 56 : 44
- 30 million of Twitter audiences are American
- 79% of twitter accounts are International(Apart from US)
- 26% of Twitter users are between 20 and 45 years old.
- Over 80% of twitter users are characterized as “Affluent Millenials”
We all know that in terms of Social media. Twitter is like the Intelligent one wearing spectacles and attending Oxford. Being on twitter is somehow perceived as Smart. Marketing teams seem to have a gala using this feature of Twitter in building a reputation and turning Twitter into a brand building core of Social media.
- Time spent viewing ads online is 26% higher on Twitter compared to other leading platforms.
- Twitter users are more likely to like brands that are inclusive, culturally relevant, and transparent.
- The most popular Twitter emoji used is the “Face with Tears of Joy” used more then 2 billion times.
- Tweets with hashtags get 100% more engagement.
- People on Twitter are 53% more likely to be the first to buy new products.
- 65.8 percent of US companies with 100+ employees use Twitter for marketing
- According to eMarketer nearly 66 percent of the businesses who have 100 or more employees have a Twitter account.
To give you more Information about the time spent by people on Twitter, is by Video stats.
- People watch 2 billion videos on Twitter each day.
- Twitter ads with video are 50% cheaper in cost per engagement.
- Korean pop group BTS had the most-liked tweet in 2019. The K-pop group also topped the lists for most tweeted about musicians and celebrities. This tweeT resulted in over 1 million likes.
- The most popular Tweet of all time is from @BarackObama, his “No one is born hating another person because of the color ..” tweet in 2017 has received 4.3 million likes so far.
Another Creepy fact and might make you think twice is The CIA reads up to 5 million tweets a day .
If you have a business, Investing on Twitter for boosting your company be it through videos or ads, it is a very very good idea.
Infact, COVID-19 have obviously increased web traffic, mobile traffic on some real high levels.
Twitter during COVID 19 – :
- Direct messaging has increased 30% since March 06’20.
- More users are seeing ads on Twitter, an average of 164 million daily, up 23% from Q1 2019.
If you have just one lesson from these Twitter statistics, let it be that it is one of the most important social media sites that should form part of your brand strategy.
And with 330 million active users, there’s a huge pool of consumers. So if you’re not already on there, your e-commerce business may lose out because chances are your competitors are already there.